Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What I’m Doing Now and a New Writing Goal!

I was thinking about writing today and looky here….I’m writing. Wow!! It was just that simple. I have the summer off from school but I am getting my reading done for my Major 18th Century Writers course next fall. Nothing but Daniel Defoe and a splash of Eliza Haywood.

I have enjoyed Defoe so far. I am almost through “Robinson Crusoe” and have started “Moll Flanders”. I have a feeling that I will like “Moll Flanders” more. Depends on if it is as repetitive as Crusoe.

The one thing I hate is that I haven’t spent anytime on any of my writing ideas. I need a better schedule. But I know as soon as I get a schedule put down I’ll have something come up like work. My work schedule mainly depends on weather and if there is anything for me to do at all. Construction has picked up a little but with all the bad weather we’ve been having lately it’s hard to get anything going. Thank God my wonderful wife makes all the money!! Love ya babe!

My New Writing Goal:

I am going to write at least 100 words every morning before anyone wakes up. This is my minimum. If I go over great, but I will at least write my minimum.

I may let you know sometime soon what my main writing ideas are, but for now I will just write what I can. It’s not that I’m shy or embarrassed, I just haven’t gotten to a point in the stories where I can pull anything out that’ll make sense. Just hang in there with me for a little while longer.

What’s your daily writing goals? Or what goals do you have about anything? If anyone reads this I’ll be surprised, let alone anyone commenting back. But that will not discourage me. I will keep writing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment