Friday, May 27, 2011

Handyman? Why Yes……at least for today!

Confidence goes up a little today! I fixed our broken clothes dryer. I thought the heating element had gone out but it turned out to be a fuse. The fuse that controls the heating element or something. Anyways, this fuse went out and dryer stopped blowing hot air.

After making a few phone calls, I decided to pull the dryer out and take it apart to see what it looked like. Needless to say I had no idea what I was doing. I found the heating element housing and detached it. Then I took off the thermostats and the one fuse that was connected to the element housing. Then bagged the things that I was going to take to the appliance store (which turned out to be their house).

The maintenance guy tested the element and thermostats and said they were fine. But when he checked the fuse he said that it was the problem. Fine with me, I then asked him what the damage was? Around thirty bucks, but I also got a new thermostat with it so not too bad. Either way I didn’t have to buy a new dryer and it keeps me from the Laundromat. Which can eat up a chunk of change if you have to use it too often, especially for a house of six.

The point of this is to say that….I DID IT!!!! Yep, I know it sounds a little conceited, but I don’t care. Actually, the REAL point is I just sucked it up and did something at first I didn’t think I could. Like when I try to write I get intimidated by the screen or paper, the keyboard or the pen/pencil. I procrastinate and eventually feel like crap because I got nothing done on my WIP. Not today though. I have proven that you just have to start.

Is it tough to start for you? What gets you to the point of words on paper? Have you ever proven to yourself that something really wasn’t as bad as you first thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment